Friday 23 September 2011

A Squash and a Squeeze

I know my last post was all about how busy I am and how much I have to do in the next few weeks but... there is always time to stop and enjoy some simple pleasures in life, surely?!

Well, that's exactly what we did last weekend. We booked a long weekend in a Shepherd's Hut in Bodium, East Sussex and it was brilliant! Yes, the huts are small and there's no hot water or electricity but you really do have everything you need. There's solar power, a gas stove and a wood burner and the showers in the seperate block are amazing. (I would recommend taking a flexible trug if you have a toddler like Wiss, who hates showers. It made bathtime a breeze!) The weather was pretty good too (we came prepared for all eventualities!) we saw farm animals, walked in the woods, cooked on the campfire and generally just kicked back.







Funnily, we took this book with us to the Shepherd's Hut. It's one of Wiss's favourites. And if you are familiar with the story then you'll know that after spending some time in a very small space, we came home and no longer felt like our house was a squash and a squeeze. Yes, we're full of fiddle-di-dees!
 This weekend I'll mainly be at the sewing machine (apart from when I'm running or baking a cake for my work's annual cake competition!) Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and really appreciate you taking time out to leave comments. I will always try to respond to any messages so please, let me know what you are thinking...